IBC Liners for Cosmetic Packaging
IBC Liners for
Personal Care Products
IBCs, or intermediate bulk containers, are important components when it comes to storing and transporting a variety of product types, including cosmetics and personal care products.
An alternative to drums and other conventional packaging methods thanks to their superior storage capability, IBCs are able to store liquids, creams, and other types of products much more effectively and efficiently.
Benefit of IBC Packaging in Cosmetic Transportation
What are some of the benefits of IBCs for personal care products and cosmetics? Let’s take a look at some of the ways they help protect the end product from the time they leave the factory to when they get to their destination:
- They offer more storage capability per pallet space compared to drums and other more conventional means of packaging. For example, a single 550-gallon IBC tote takes up about the same amount of space as multiple drums, yet has a capacity of about 10 drums. That’s storage efficiency.
- They’re easy to fill, load, and transport, giving shipments a better chance of getting out the door and to their destination on time.
- IBCs are reusable, thereby offering a sustainable alternative to other packaging types. The reusable nature of these totes also helps reduce disposal costs in addition to the environmental benefits they offer.
- IBC totes are also stored easily in the warehouse. They can be easily and conveniently stacked to conserve crucial shop floor space.
- IBCs are made from various materials, such as stainless steel or composite materials.
For more information on whether or not IBC totes make sense for your personal care or cosmetic products, contact us today.
Types of IBC Liners
IBC liners for cosmetic packaging must be durable and high-quality. There are various types of liners for IBC totes that we offer at CDF, including:
- Pillow-Shaped Liners: These industrial-style liners form the shape of a pillow when they’re filled. They’re made with either two or three layers of PET and also include a barrier film for added protection.
- Form-Fit Liners: These are purposefully designed to fit the shape of the IBC so the totes can store the maximum amount of product. Form-Fit Liners also help ensure maximum product evacuation. They’re ideal for high-speed filling operations and work well to protect more viscous products.
- Air-Assist Liners: The Air-Assist Liners are similar to the Form-Fit Liners, except they include the addition of an air bladder to facilitate more streamlined product dispensing. It’s designed for hands-free dispensing.
- The Defender Liner: Ideal for stainless steel IBCs, the Defender Liner is designed to provide the best protection for products such as chemicals, paints, coatings, and more.
Pillow-style IBC Liners
We have several different types of IBC liners for food and beverage packaging. One of our most popular solutions is our pillow-style liners, which are designed for intermediate bullet containers.
When filled, these industrial IBC liners form the shape of a pillow—manufactured with two or three plies of linear low-density polyethylene and a barrier film for aspectic and oxygen-barrier applications.
CDF has a pillow liner for your process, whether you bottom-fill, top-fill with a bridge, incorporate automatic fillers, or high-speed fillers. CDF designed our pillow shape liner for a variety of products and a wide range of applications.
Some of the benefits of this liner include:
- They are easy to install.
- There is a top fitment that connects quickly and easily to a filling hose.
- It is a flexible packaging option that expands with the product.
- It folds down for easy recycling.
FormFit IBC Liners
We also offer FormFit liners for intermediate bullet containers. They can meet the unique dimensions of your container and come with a variety of form fitments and film choices. They even feature smart seal technology and perforated flaps to keep the liner in place.
Some of the top benefits of this option include:
- The unique fill technology eliminates the need to handle the liners during the filling process.
- They are easy to install using a bridge.
- They do not have any pockets or folds, ensuring maximum product evacuation.
- They attach easily to the filling hose.
- The Smart Seal Technology optimizes precision and consistency, keeping track of temperature, time, and pressure.
With access to removable aligners inside intermediate bulk containers, you can save money on filling costs and shipping. Now, it would be our pleasure to help you as well. If you would like to learn more about how our unique liners can help your food and beverage packaging, contact us today to speak to a member of our team.
The Air-Assist® was designed with the same benefits as the Form-Fit but the added advantage of an air bladder to improve product dispensing. Designed for viscous products, the Air-Assist design allows the product to easily dispense while improving evacuation.
As the air bladder inflates, the air pushes against the Form-Fit liner, assisting the product evacuation from the bottom fitment resulting in better product evacuation and less residual product left in the liner. Designed for hands-free dispensing, once the air regulator is attached, the operator may walk away.
Air-Assist yields up to 99.5% product evacuation over traditional IBC liners
Find Your Personal Care Product Packaging Solution Today!
If you have a specialized need that requires a Mindful Solution, contact us to speak with one of our packaging experts.
Have a Question About this Product?
Our expert engineers can guide any client within any industry with a mindful solution to meet their packaging and sustainability needs, from innovative research and development to customizable designs.
With over 50 years of experience, our team of engineers collaborates with each customer to design a new packaging solution from liner selection to full systems integration to modifying existing products.