How Does a Bag-In-Box System Work?
Either in pillow format or a form-fit design, the bag-in-box system minimizes materials used in packaging, maximizes reuse and recycling potential, and delivers a great end-user experience. Some benefits which can be achieved by using bag-in-box food packaging include:
- Efficient product evacuation: With food costs increasing rapidly, end-users want to use the entire product they purchased. Bag-in-box systems maximize product evacuation more efficiently than rigid containers, and reduce the amount of inaccessible product.
- Supply chain efficiencies: Traditional packaging forms, such as cans, bottles, or jars, are bulky and heavy to ship. Bag-in-box components arrive flat at the plant, and offer better shaping efficiency when filled than jugs and bottles. The space reductions and reduced weight of bag-in-box packaging are very appealing, especially in light of high fuel prices.
- Material availability: Although the shortage of beer bottles in Germany may make for humorous news stories, the shortage of glass products is very real.
- Product freshness: With its increased ability to keep out air, bag-in-box for food and beverage packaging can significantly extend freshness and shelf-life.
- Cost savings: Bag-in-box packaging uses less material and replaces many rigid packages, thereby offering significant production cost savings.
- Eco-conscious: Materials in bag-in-box packaging are lighter-weight than other plastic packaging alternatives, with fewer greenhouse emissions and lower energy consumption required for production.
- Product safety: Because the product is dispensed directly into and from the bag-in-box, there is less opportunity for outside contamination from filling through end-use.
Find Your Food and Beverage Packaging Solution Today!
Have a Question About this Product?
Our expert engineers can guide any client within any industry with a mindful solution to meet their packaging and sustainability needs, from innovative research and development to customizable designs.
With over 50 years of experience, our team of engineers collaborates with each customer to design a new packaging solution from liner selection to full systems integration to modifying existing products.